Excella is a technology consulting firm serving commercial, non-profit, and federal clients in the Washington, DC area. Excella builds innovative custom software solutions with a strong focus on Agile engineering practices. We believe that great work leads to great things –- for our clients and our employees. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We care about our employees. In fact, The Washington Post and The Washington Business Journal consistently rank us as a "Best Place to Work."
- You'll work with great people who love what they do: our team includes published authors, certified trainers, and internationally renowned speakers.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences, in addition to tuition assistance for degrees and certifications.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 17 days of paid vacation.
- You can bike, drive, or metro to work -- our commute reimbursement plan has you covered.
- We cater dinner once a month, and always have healthy snacks available!
- You'll have fun! We hold monthly happy hours and events all year long, including a summer weekend getaway for you and your family.
- Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, Agile, programming, etc.
- Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
We are currently looking for driven, motivated, full stack developers with Agileexperience and fantastic technical skills to join our team. We are looking for experienced developers that already know Ruby.
- 0-2 years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
- Direct experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks for rapidly developing web applications.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation in Rails.
- Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Deep commitment to test driven development using tools like Cucumber, RSpec, Capybara, Watir, or MiniTest.
- Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.