Fort Myers, FL
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 165 days ago
Manages operation to ensure safe and efficient traffic movement. Manages the monitoring of roadways including detecting, confirming, updating and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic incidents, congestion and travel time imbalances. Manages operations and in accordance to stated requirements, protocols and policies. Ensures the goals and strategies of the operations plan are achieved. Manages team.
- Management - Leads operators and supervisors. Trains and develops operators and provides guidance and direction to operators.
- Leadership – Coordinates information flow within the Operations room and for facilitating response to disasters and high profile events affecting traffic. Provides all management functions in absence of the Manager.
- Quality Assurance - Provides quality assurance on the handling of all events in the operations room.
- Operations – May perform operations duties and assists Operators with ongoing workload.
- Systems – Reports internal or external system irregularities and works with team to resolve. Performs daily maintenance checks of systems. Ensure any outages are reported to the help desk.
- Communication – Facilitate information exchange between the operators and all dispatch. Serves as central contact for communications with external safety and DOT agencies Provide approved information to other agencies and to the media. Respond to inquiries. Receive and convey information of special events. Elevates critical issues appropriately.
- Reporting – Provide required reports and data daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly. Prepare reports on performance measure, efficiency, effectiveness, volume, achievement and other related metrics.
- Scheduling – Leads overall scheduling to sufficient staffing in operations rooms and coordinates breaks. Ensure all reporting / data is concise and timely.
- Meetings / Communication – Participate in TM meetings, critical incident reviews, and interagency coordination. May perform public relations activities, marketing, tours, and presentations.
- Training – Develop and maintain training materials. Ensure team is well trained and certified asrequired.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Safety or related degree
5 years supervisory experience directing and leading teams
5 years experience in a directly comparable role
In lieu of education, 9 years experience in a directly comparable role
- Excellent working knowledge of traffic management systems
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.