At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- The successful candidate will assume technical ownership of a complex digital logic design. The following is a list of key responsibilities that the candidate will assume:
- Work with architects and read documentation to understand features to be implemented and designed.
- Design creation using SystemVerilog RTL language to create the module and/or feature, optimizing performance, area, and power
- Develop and run unit level testing on the modules you develop to deliver quality code to the Design Verification Team.
- Create SystemVerilog coverpoints and assertions to allow verification of full coverage of your code.
- Run and analyze reports and resolving issues from: Linting, Timing, Synthesis, and Formal verification.
- Running block level simulations to isolate coding errors and resolve them.
- Create well written low level design documentation.
- Mentor junior engineers .
- Minimum 4 years of experience with synthesizable Verilog a MUST, SystemVerilog experiance preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of verilog/SystemVerilog.
- Good knowledge of C, C++ and a scripting language; experience with Perl, TCL, and/or SystemC is a plus.
- Strong understanding of digital electronics.
- Power/thermal management experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of the Graphics Pipleline a strong plus.
- Engineering tools experiance with VCS, Verdi, VC_LINT or Spyglass, DC, VC_Formal, and Formality.
- General tools experiance with MS Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with pronounced attention to detail.
- Very creative with the ability to come up with "out of the box" solutions, and high initiative to recognize and solve unassigned but project impacting issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, must speak and write in excellent English.
- Bachelor, Master's or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer engineering, adva