At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As an RTL Design Engineer in the Universal Memory Controller (UMC) team, you will participate in the design of high performance integrated memory controllers used in diverse markets such as client APUs, game-consoles (Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PS4), and server CPUs with support for DDR3/LPDDR3, GDDR5, DDR4/LPDDR5 and HBM memory protocols across the different variants.
- What makes this an interesting opportunity?You will be working on state-of-the-art DRAM controller technologies.
- Why it's excitingYou will be working on new microcontroller technologies such as EPYC and RYZEN.
- What we are working onThis position requires participation in micro-architecture development of features and RTL ownership through production.
When you join our UVM team as RTL Design Engineer, you will take ownership and contribute in many ways including these areas:
- Maintain and further establish AMD's technological leadership position through RTL design and development
- Respond to problems using cutting edge approaches
- Collaborate closely with other team members to deliver synthesizable RTL while working closely with verification and implementation team members to debug the design while meeting timing, area, and power constraints.
Ideally you bring the following experience and attributes to our team:
- A bare minimum of 5 years of recent experience with DRAM controller development and DDR DRAM technologies such as DDR4/DDR5/LPDDR4/LPDDR5 is highly desired
- Very good understanding of digital design concepts, computer architecture and ASIC design
- Knowledge of, or experience in, functional design verification or design is highly desired.
- Proficient in Verilog
- Ability to program with scripting languages such as Python or Perl is a plus;
- Highly motivated to seek out solutions and willing to learn new skills to fulfill job requirements;
- Proven interpersonal skills, leadership and teamwork;
- Excellent writing skills in the English language, editing and organizational skills required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Represents AMD to the outside technical community, partners and vendors
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking;
- Good understanding of engineering terminology used within the semiconductor industry;
- Master's degree required with emphasis in Electrical Engineering