RPO - Information Security Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
RPO - Information Security Manager
Manages the delivery of information security services in the RPO under the direction of Department leadership. Key responsibilities include: 1) Security operations management; 2) Team leadership and staff development; 3) Project management and report tracking; 4) Stakeholder communication; and 5) Federal Reserve System liaison & representation.
- Security operations management – Manages the efficient, timely and quality delivery of information security services. Monitors the operational environment related to information security and assigns personnel to address identified issues. Develops and maintains security policies, standards, guidelines and daily operational procedures for the Department. Assists Information Security Department leadership with formulation and management of the Department budget.
- Team leadership and staff development – Leads a team of information security professionals through team leads. Mentors and coaches the teams responsible for information security operations, identity/access management, education and awareness, risk management and compliance. Manages staff performance and professional development including drafting performance appraisals and staff development plans. Provides input to and makes recommendations for compensation, recognition and staffing decisions. Responsible for planning, organizing and assessing internal and external training opportunities for team members.
- Project management and report tracking – Serves as a project manager for information security projects not managed by the IT project support office. Expectations include but are not limited to generating project plans, acquiring project resources, tracking project status, and communicating with stakeholders. Maintains the Department calendar, tracks and dispatches all periodic reports and actions that the Department must fulfill.
- Stakeholder communication – Communicates with and reports to all stakeholders, including senior management and
- Bank departments ensuring the resolution of outstanding issues. Promotes enhanced security by delivering security presentations and reports to relevant stakeholders.
- System Liaison and Representation – Frequently liaise with responsible information security organizations across the Federal Reserve System to anticipate securitythreats, share best practices and promote the activities of the Department. Provide meaningful contributions and serve in leadership positions on Federal Reserve System information security workgroups. Represents the Information Security Department during absences of senior leadership and participates in internal and external events at the discretion of the Information Security Director/Officer.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- Six to Eight or more years
Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses:
- Information Systems Secruity / Audit
- Leadership and Training
- Information Assurance & Compliance
- NetworkArchitecture & Protocols
- InfoSec Incident Handling & Response
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
- CISSP and / or ISSMP
- CISM or CISA or CRISC
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
- Directing Others
- Strategic Agility
- Priority Setting
- Motivating Others
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Communicate Effectively