Join Fortune 7 CVS Health as the RPG Application Development Advisor. The RPG Application Development Advisor is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within PBM and RxClaim applications, and their conformance to approved CVS Health IT standards and procedures. The RPG Application Development Advisor role will ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. In this role you will serve as a Senior Application Developer/Lead providing industry leading technical direction and guidance to the RxClaim application development teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of CVS Health approved technologies.
As part of the Rx Claim Adjudication team, you will be expected to be proficient in all critical functions of the application
development and will champion SDLC methodologies and best practices in the team to ensure that quality standards are met.
As RPG Application Development Advisor you will:
- You will lead development activity estimations
- You will ensure appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications
- You will provide solutions and design complex functionality within the RxClaim application (adjudication area)
- You will lead assigned team projects and mentor junior resources as needed
- You will provide subject matter expertise within the RxClaim application (adjudication area)
- You will review technical solutions and documents within the RxClaim application projects, for example:
- Analysis & Designs
- Program specifications and Code Reviews
- Contribute to defining standards / best practices / guidelines, and aligning solutions to the RxClaim application architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of AS/400 application development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of application development experience in RPG, RPGLE and CL
- Minimum of 3 years of IBMi SQL experience
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience leading concurrent technical projects on IBM iSeries required
- Demonstrated successful completion of several medium to large scope projects; demonstrated proficiency working on all phases of SDLC; demonstrated proficiency with problem determination and resolution through research and fact finding is strongly preferred
- Application development experience in Synon 2/E (aka COOL 2/E) is preferred
- Experience with RxClaim or other PBM Adjudication system is preferred
- Experience in COBOL will be a plus
Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of related professional experience in combination with years of education.