As Columbia Sportswear's Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Senior Program Manager you will facilitate the governance and foundation needed to deliver beneficial and accurate automated solutions. Within this role you'll be responsible for RPA Center of Excellence (COE) activities in support of Columbia's strategic initiatives for operational excellence.
You will help establish the COE operational framework, partner with and lead the COE team members, manage the operational effectiveness of the COE, engage with Enterprise stakeholders, and partner with Business Process Owners to identify strategic automation opportunities and advance the RPA vision.
- Oversee RPA COE operational activities including:
Process assessments to identify potential candidates for automation, including justification of automation and business benefit
Management of the automation opportunities pipeline
Design/Build/Test/Deployment of robotic process automation solutions
- Establish Center of Excellence (COE) performance metrics and provide performance monitoring and reporting to the Business stakeholders
- Ensure consistency with Enterprise standards
- Develop and update the evaluation criteria for RPA opportunity assessments
- Build automation plans including timeline, resource requirements, and software licensing needs
- Manage and lead RPA COE team responsible for delivering new automations and supporting existing automations.
- Manage a dotted line reporting relationship from the RPA COE Technical Lead role.
- Oversee automation project plans, manage deadlines and dependencies, and coordinate automation resources and team activities.
- Provide training and leadership for other team members.
- Effectively communicate and partner with all RPA automation customers, including RPA Steering Committee, functional leadership, business process owners and business subject matter experts.
- Develop a strong working partnership with business stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the business processes identified for automation, partly to ensure that the business value from those services is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized.
- Partner with GIS teams to ensure a coordinated delivery of automations in alignment with system implementation protocols.
- Be a strategic leader and active stakeholder in the RPA COE Governance team
- Bachelor's degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience.
- Requires 8+ years of professional experience and mastery of relevant technical or business skills required to accomplish the job.
- Certification in Process Redesign Methodology: Six Sigma or Lean is desirable.
- Project Management training and PMP certification preferred.
- Progressive experience in business requirements, business process understanding, and systems analysis and in supporting business application implementations.
- Experience in program management, preferably technology program management.
- Experience using visual tools (e.g., MS Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint) is desired.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as exceptional time management skills to handle a diverse workload and multiple priorities.
- Ability to prepare materials and communicate with varying audiences, communicating complex concepts in easy to understand terms.
- Demonstrate a collaborative working style, developing a positive and productive working team environment with the ability to motivate teams to lead change and deliver cost-effective and high-quality solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and perform in a situation that is not always well defined or changes frequently.