Employee will be part of the Flex Pool and will be required to support TDY deployments to various CONUS/OCONUS locations as required.The RPA Production Superintendent I, functioning in an aircraft hangar and flight line environment, oversees and coordinates the work effort of assigned subordinate maintenance personnel in support of the unit's daily RPA operations. Assists the Site Manager in maintaining the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the RPA operations and maintenance (O&M) program at the site level. Lead for production, supply, production control/planning and quality management aspects of RPA O&M. Acts as primary point of contact for customers on the flightline. Position reports to the Site Manager.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates subordinate time and daily flight-line work operations.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers to support flying schedules and plan major maintenance events; completes daily and monthly operational reports.
- Evaluates and documents employee performance.
- Makes recommendations to higher level supervision or management concerning hires, promotions, raises, and terminations.
- Interviews prospective employees if required.
- Manages employee productivity on a day to day basis.
- Plans and carries out continuation training and development of employees within the group.
- Counsels and advises employees.
- Writes reports and completes other routine correspondence.
- Communicates effectively with customers as a representative of the company.
- Participates in advisory groups concerning training and management.
- Implements technical and procedural guidelines for performance of work in the group.
- Communicates with technical or administrative specialists.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Must have Bachelor's degree (with 6 years' experience); or Associates degree (with 8 years' experience) or high School diploma (with 10 years' experience), or have completed relevant military and/or vocational technical school curriculum
- Minimum of one (1) year of diverse management experience; and excellent communication, analytical, project management and supervisory skills
- Must have desktop computer skills with proficiency in full range of Microsoft Office products; must be capable of preparing management level reports and presentations
- Minimum of eight-plus years actual aircraft O&M experience required
- Must have working knowledge of basic and complex maintenance and repair procedures
- Must possess thorough knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft O&M
- Must know theory and principles of operation of aircraft engines, accessories and components, theory of flight and electronic flight controls, and knowledge of electrical and electronic principles
- Must have a practical knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices sufficient to perform as an effective, informed supervisor.
- This is a non-traditional position that will support a flexible work schedule
- Must be eligible to gain and maintain a DOD security clearance commensurate with the assigned duties
- Employee must meet all overseas/OCONUS travel criteria, to include Pre-deployment medical screening (if req) as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, and must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship upon hire
- DoDSecurity Clearance eligibility is required
- Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date
- Must be able to gain/maintain the required security clearance level and special access authorization as a condition of continued employment.
Current DoD Security Clearance
Master's degree in a relevant career field
RPA operations & deployment experience
Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
Prior experience in managing RPA aircraft maintenance and repair actions
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.