Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity
Your role as Project Manager will lead the delivery and project management of electrical transmission line routing and substation siting projects for investor owned utilities and independent transmission developers. In this role, you will provide project management, serve as the routing and siting and/or environmental permitting subject matter expert, supervise and mentor staff, and support business development opportunities. You will also write proposals and reports, develop plans, and implement steps to move projects toward closure in the most cost-effective manner. Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of work and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget.
- Manage and lead routing and siting studies for linear energy projects and associated facilities.
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients.
- Interact and interface with clients and environmental regulators.
- Prepare contract documents.
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff.
- Execute specific technical tasks or requirements for medium to large projects.
- Conduct peer reviews of work by colleagues.
- Plan and conduct assignments and/or projects having broad scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in and consistently demonstrates and promotes policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (if applicable).
- Advanced skills in technical writing.
- An understanding of Geographic Information System (GIS) processes and capabilities (prior GIS expertise preferred, but current GIS expertise is not necessary).
- Skilled in communications and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Disciplined approach to project execution and technical excellence.
- Ability to provide written and verbal direction on project delivery.
- Shows leadership in striving to continuously improve technical performance.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports creativity and innovation.
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts within the region and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license required.
- At least five years of experience successfully executing technical aspects of medium to complex routing and siting projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher (preferred) in environmental science, planning, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.