Ford was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. As we look to the future and the changing needs of society, we are committed to becoming the world's most trusted mobility company – delivering smart vehicles for a smart world. Our people and their experiences are critical to making that happen. And that's where we come in. We drive the human side of Ford – fostering a winning culture that empowers people from diverse backgrounds to work together and realize the otherwise impossible. In partnership with leaders, we enable our teams, partners, and businesses to contribute their best, shape tomorrow, and satisfy their passion to win. We create value through people by being change leaders, talent strategists, employee advocates, and culture architects. Simply put, we are trusted partners – experts in all things people.
- Injury/illness treatment and management of acute and chronic conditions
- Appropriately manage work restrictions
- Conduct job evaluations
- Perform OSHA and Company mandated surveillance exams
- Perform fitness for duty evaluations
- Perform return to work evaluations
- Understand and conduct post-offer pre-placement exams
- Be able to interpret audiograms and spirometry tests with knowledge of hearing conservation and respiratory protection programs
- Be knowledgeable about and apply ADA and GINA rules
- Understand for cause drug screening programs
- Be able to perform emergency intervention and stabilization if needed in an emergency situation
- Participate in discussions regarding employee accommodation requests under the ADA
- Board certification in Occupational Medicine with 3+ years' experience in Occupational Medicine or board eligible in Occupational Medicine with board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Emergency Medicine.
- Currently unrestricted medical license in Michigan or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Michigan
- Must have or be able to obtain current Michigan drug control and federal DEA licenses
- Strong analytical and clinical skills
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and workplace health and safety concepts
- Be familiar with DOT rules and regulations and be certified to perform or be willing to be certified to perform DOT exams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records a plus.