Rotating Equipment Specialist
Date: Nov 15, 2017
Location: TN:Brentwood, TN - Tennessee, 37027
About Delek US Holdings, Inc.
Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, asphalt, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day. Delek US Holdings owns 100 percent of the general partner and 81.6 percent of the limited partner interest in Alon USA Partners, LP (NYSE: ALDW), which owns a crude oil refinery in Big Spring, Texas, with a crude oil throughput capacity of 73,000 barrels per day and an integrated wholesale marketing business.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc. and its affiliates also own approximately 63 percent (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE: DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The asphalt operations consist of owned or operated asphalt terminals serving markets from Tennessee to the west coast through a combination of non-blended asphalt purchased from third parties and produced at the Big Spring, Texas and El Dorado, Arkansas refineries. The renewables operations will consist of plants in Texas and Arkansas that produce biodiesel fuel and a renewable diesel facility in California.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores which also market motor fuels in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
The Rotating Equipment SME is a member corporate refining support team that provides standardization, direction, and guidance for the Mechanical Integrity and Reliability Programs in the area of rotating equipment. This position is a key in establishing and promoting a reliability centered culture for all manufacturing operations. This role serves as the rotating equipment champion for the company, supporting short-term training and troubleshooting, middle-term strategy generation and implementation, and long-term project and turnaround scope development to create sustainable performance.
Descriptions & Responsibilities
1. Considered top rotating equipment engineer within the company supporting manufacturing facilities (refineries and renewables)
2. Administrator of Section 6 Engineering Practices (maintain EP compliance to industry RAGAGEPs, submit changes pergoverning process, approver on deviations as requested)
3. Champion Mechanical Integrity program for rotating equipment and associated systems including center of excellence for all associated quality assurance activities
4. Support of expense and capital project development related to rotating equipment (specification reviews, drawing reviews, contractor / supplier QC reviews, FATs)
5. Lead mentor to site engineering contacts in rotating equipment
6. Lead Incident Investigator for incidents involving rotating equipment failures
7. Facilitates & supports Maintenance Strategy sessions and associated outputs (PM / PdM implementation, spare parts strategies, one-time improvement tasks)
8. Facilitates & supports T/A work scope development, TA QA/QC documents
9. Development of strategic and tactical business plans to achieve operational results
10. Assist in developing (RCM) program for rotating equipment across all Refineries
11. Develop program for Reliability Reporting
12. Site gap analysis and program to reduce MTBF, including interface with site strategic pump seal partnerships
13. Drive Condition Monitoring standardization within RAMS, lead site improvement plan development and stewardship
14. Participation in Capital and expense budget process (includes approval of rotating equipment projects above a certain cost threshold)
15. Drive development of maintenance and engineering training on rotating equip. procedures & best practices
16. Developing employees from each site for Rotating Equip. Lead Roles
17. Interview engineering candidates, determine development needs, evaluate performance for compensation, and address personnel issues including training, coaching, mentoring and disciplining of subordinates
18. Facilitate & support rotating equipment manufacturer and service vendor qualification process for evaluating outside service contractors and for qualifying suppliers of parts and equipment
19. Lead reliability-related site assessments, incident and equipment investigations and overall schedule (Mechanical Integrity, Equipment Strategies). Support non-reliability site assessments (e.g. Process Safety, TA plan reviews, Projectconstructability reviews)
20. Develop and implement long range plans to ensure long term reliability, availability, predictability and overall profitability of the refinery
21. Develops and manages the reliability operating and capital project budgets and supports other departments withdeveloping equipment spending plans
22. Reliability Best Practice Network team member
23. Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Ten (10) years of experience in Refining or Petrochemical industry, primarily in support of rotating equipment systems and programs. Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory/management role preferred.
• Capable of multi-tasking and running more than one project simultaneously, set aggressive but realistic schedules, able tobalance supervisory responsibilities along with engineering support as needed
• Demonstrated experience in rotating equipment reliability and mechanical integrity
• Knowledgeable and demonstrated fluency in reliability centered processes (Engineering Practices, Incident Investigation & RCFA, Maintenance Strategies)
• Working knowledge of industry personnel safety, process safety, and design standards and procedures
• Proven ability to lead, influence, and mentor staff without supervisory authority
• Proficient in utilizing computer and Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
• Sound verbal and written communication and technical writing skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to lead diverse organizations
• Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel
• Ability to work independently as self-starter and in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to travel to multiple sites for position assignments