Motiva Rotating Equipment SME (Subject Matter Expert) serves as the corporate technical expert for all rotating equipment for Motiva. Provide leadership, technical direction and approve changes to Motiva rotating equipment standards. Provide technical support and advise on equipment repairs, new machinery purchases and communicate with the rotating equipment community on novel technology which may have significant improvement in reliability and performance.
Rotating Equipment SMEs are located in Motiva headquarters in Houston and is responsible for:
- Provide guidance, direction and assist with the long-term strategy to increase the reliability of rotating equipment.
- Staying informed of industry technology and innovation, disseminate new technology information to the Motiva rotating equipment engineering community.
- Providing second level support for addressing recurring rotating equipment problems.
- Support the rotating equipment discipline in reviewing management of change (MOC) on technically complicated changes.
- Provides key technical support for rotating equipment on capital projects.
- Provide direction and technical advice on proactive monitoring of rotating equipment issues to minimize plant risk.
- Provide guidance and expertise on troubleshoot complex rotating equipment issue.
- Mentor site unit engineers and operations staff to enhance their knowledge.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of twenty (20) years’ experience with rotating equipment within the manufacturing (refinery or chemical plant) or oil & gas industry.
- Advice and assist with implementation of new technology which improves machinery reliability and performance.
- Active member of industry associations such as: API, ASME, Gas Turbine User Groups, Vibration Institute, Texas A&M symposium and respected as an expert in their field by the industry at large.
- Expert on repairing and evaluating performance of centrifugal and reciprocating pumps, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, general purpose and special purpose steam turbines, gas turbine generators, liquid ring compressors, gearboxes, mechanical seals and dry gas seal systems.
- Expert in troubling shooting complex mechanical systems, evaluate and interpret lateral and torsional rotordynamic analysis.
- Witness and evaluate factory acceptance testing (FAT) for API pumps, compressors and steam turbines, in depth knowledge of Power Test Code (PTC) 10, 8.2 and 6.
- Provide expert knowledge on equipment failures and assist with less experienced engineers on specific modes of failure for various equipment types.
- Strong Communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Business acumen and the ability to influence Senior-level Management investment decisions
- Demonstrated experience within large capital projects and equipment selection to maximize Motiva long term reliability goals.
- Proven ability to apply causal analysis or other root cause failure analysis methodologies to identify root cause of rotating equipment failures.
- Proven experience working with people in an operating plant.