Job Title: Robotics Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Mossville, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Experience Level (Years): 1 years
- In this role you will develop, improve, and troubleshoot onboard autonomy software systems used for path planning on an autonomous hauling truck that is deployed at large mine sites.
- You will work closely with other system developers, support teams, and testing staff in multiple geographic locations and organizations.
- You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, and broaden your professional network.
- This individual will be a software developer of the Planning Subsystem for Caterpillar's Command for Hauling project.
- Typical Day
- Individual will execute tasks given to him by his Lead Engineer.
- Due to our Agile development process, this engineer will work very collaboratively with the Lead Engineer as well as the other Path Planning engineers in the group.
- At least 1+ years of experience developing/coding using C++ with a proven ability to read and understand C++ code developed by others
- Linux operating system experience.
- Experience working on technical teams that cross organizational boundaries.
- Experience with Graph Search and Optimization Algorithms.
- Familiarity with trajectories, splines, and path tracking.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience with Vehicle Modeling / Dynamics.
- Experience with Control Theory and Model Predictive Control
- Understanding of systems of reference frames and kinematic transformations.
- Strong math background and strong computational geometry skills.
- Experience with motion prediction and optimization, collision checking, physics based modeling and computational geometry.
- Experiencetroubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience with GIT for software source code management.
- Experience in Matlab and Python is desired
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Robotics Engineering, Electr