Your primary responsibilities include:
- Developing computer vision algorithms for real world applications.
- Prototyping in scripting languages.
- Transitioning to embedded CPU/GPU code for production.
- Interacting with sponsors for both planning and reporting purposes.
- Reporting complex technical detail to specialists and non-specialists.
- Surveying literature and implementing state-of-the-art techniques to take on challenging problems.
- Developing, documenting, and directing software system testing, troubleshooting, and verification procedures.
- Supporting manufacturing with hardware requirements and technology integration
- M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience (PhD is a bonus).
- 3-5 years combined graduate academic and professional software development experience
- Strong C or C++ skills.
- Experience implementing image processing/computer vision algorithms.
- Experience with scripting languages for quick prototyping of computer vision applications (Python or Matlab preferred).
- Linux development experience.
- Knowledge of basic software engineering principles.
- Technical communication skills
We especially want to hear from you if you have experience or qualifications in ANY of the following areas:
- Deep learning/machine learning for Computer Vision
- Libraries such as OpenCV, PCL, ROS, Boost
- 3D and projective geometry
- Visual odometry, mapping, or SLAM
- Embedded systems or real time application development
- Developing sensor drivers
- CUDA, Intel's IPP,or SIMD (Neon, SSE)instruction development
Opportunities people at NREC have seized:
As a member of NREC, you take control of your career. People in similar roles have shaped their careers to suit their interests and their needs
- Publishing in conferences and journals
- Guest lecturing in university courses
- Becoming an in-depth expert in a technical area
- Leading projects and fostering client relationships
- Receiving mentoring from principal investigators
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Taking courses at Carnegie Mellon
- Stay connected with academic activities at Carnegie Mellon
- Performing consulting during off time
- Outreach to K-12 and college-level students