Robotics Automation Engineer
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Robotics Automation Engineer
Key Elements of the Position:
- Advanced industrial robotics programming abilities in a variety of systems (FANUC, ABB, Kuka, Motoman, etc.)
- Experience designing and integrating controls for industrial automation systems and robotic cells
- Skills in programming of PLCs / HMIs / Motors (Servo, VFD)
- Knowledge and ability to design and integrate industrial safety circuits
- Knowledge of various industrial communications networks (Ethernet/IP, PROFINET, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, etc.)
- Experience with vision guidance of robots would be a plus (Cognex, Keyence, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or with a small team
- B. S., in a technical field desired
- 3 plus years of professional experience
- Work experience in automation integration with plant floor experiencerequired
- Work experience in machine controls design, development, component selection, programming, testing, evaluating, implementation, installation and trouble shooting
- Work experience in Allen Bradley PLC, ControlLogix, Servo Controllers, HMI products and software
- Work experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, lube and coolant system design and trouble-shooting, preferred
- Working knowledge of NEC, ANSI, and OSHA codes
- Working knowledge of safety requirements involving electrical systems
- Working knowledge of robot programming and debug
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work with others
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- 25% - 30% Travel
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.