Tracking Code S179376-846Job Description
This position responsibility of leading new manufacturing technology projects, champion Best Methods teams and standardization processes for robotics, welding, and robotic welding. It will also provide support to all areas (Engineering - advanced, program, or development; Manufacturing; Commercial; Quality; etc.) where manufacturing technology expertise is required, including launch management / support and customer initiatives.
The Robotic Weld Engineer will also have a strong understanding of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques. Technical skills required in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, and production equipment. Working with personnel from manufacturing, maintenance, set-up and engineering, the Robotic Weld Engineer must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Extensive experience in tool and manufacturing process development with knowledge of CAD or FEA and functional expertise in application of GD&T.
- Lead/assist in all phases of new product launches and adhere to NPIS guidelines.
- Capital asset and project management
- Resident expert and champion of Robotic Welding; including a full knowledge of programming, debugging and trouble-shooting all robots
- Resident “CCT” representative for welding, robotic welding, and thin wall welding
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
- Primary technical resource in supporting on-going robotic and robotic welding activities, responsible for coordinating activities with manufacturing, quality and maintenance.
- Reduce scrap, improve process capability and improve efficiency through fixture, tooling and machine modifications
- Works with Met Lab Techs – using cut & etch data to develop corrective actions, centering of the process, and reduce waste
- Manage projects within time, budget and technical constraints
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project teams through specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specification and technical plans and product testing.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports
- Coach and develop Engineering Technicians
- Lead/assist team to implement Lean principles and advance in 5S
- Ability to travel in support of job function (plants, customers, suppliers etc.); some overseas travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or similar technical discipline. A combination of education and work experience may be substituted for a BS degree.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, fabrication and assembly processes, with program management and project introduction experience.
- ISO/TS-16949 and APQP experience
- Six Sigma - Green Belt or Black Belt
- 8D problem solving
- TMS, Kaizen, Lean
- Blue print reading
- Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (SAP, Microsoft Office etc)
- Ability and willingness to support multiple shifts and adjust work schedule to plant needs.