IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, businesses extract critical insights and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Services (GBS) is the largest business services and technology provider in the world and the fastest growing business division of IBM with more than 190,000 employees serving clients in over 160 countries. GBS is the professional services arm and encompasses management consulting, systems integration and robotic process automation. Our Cognitive Process Transformation team integrates IBM's Finance, Procurement and Talent & Engagement consulting capabilities with Robotic Process Automation to enable clients to succeed through executable strategies, and deliver value through technology-enabled transformation.
Who you are:
As a Senior Developer you will support the development and implementation of cost effective solutions to meet the business objectives by coordinating detailed technical analysis and design, investigating new approaches/technical designs.
What you’ll do:
- Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility;
- Analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required;
Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements;
- Designing Blue Prism process solutions in accordance with standard Blue Prism design principles and conventions;
- Configuring new Blue Prism processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand;
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation;
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process;
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of Blue Prism processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required;
- Communicating with Blue Prism on software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the Blue Prism community;
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process;
- Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT (User Acceptance Testing) phases;
- Supporting the Operational Teams during the UAT and roll-out phases.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ year's industry experience;
- .NET, .NET development;
- Having track record in the successful delivery and support of excel macros, Visual Basic scripts or other configuration/scripting type technology;
- Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution;
- Willingness and ability to blend business analysis with hands-on configuration of automated processes in the Blue Prism product;
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks;
- Good communication skills;
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an inquiring mind;
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines;
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Experience working on Blue Prism development will be an added advantage;
- Proven technical documentation skills.
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.