Hamer-Fischbein, a division of Duravant, designs and manufactures bagging equipment and packaging solutions under the Hamer and Fischbein brands is seeking a Robotic Palletizer Production Manager in our Plymouth, MN office. These trusted brands combine over 200 years of industrial bag closing and automated packaging experience to improve packaging line efficiency and profitability.
The Robotic Palletizer Production Manager is responsible for daily production and organizational items required to keep machine build schedule and ship dates on time and equipment quality at the traditionally high levels. Will work closely with Materials, Production Scheduling, Engineering, Inside Sales and Service to improve equipment quality, vendor parts quality, delivery and service.
- Oversee the assembly of products, ensuring the highest level of quality at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company performance and quality standards and customer specifications.
- Manage all Robotic Palletizer Assembly personnel. Responsible for staffing, disciplinary issues, merit increases and performance reviews.
- Partner with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, employee questions and payroll discrepancies.
- Effectively communicate to hourly personnel to ensure alignment across departments.
- Meet or exceed standard product lead times to ensure company remains reactive and competitive in our targeted markets.
- Build employee morale. The Production Manager's daily interaction with the team sets the tone. Focus on employee retention.
- Coach, mentor and develop high potential assembly personnel.
- Responsible for production management of the company quality program. Recommend and improve product quality procedures on Robotic Palletizer sub-assemblies and complete machines.
- Review, improve and update manufacturing process documentation. Ensure production documentation is always current with design.
- Make recommendations for manufacturing process improvements with a focus on lean manufacturing including efficiency, reduction of labor content and cost.
- Review customer orders/quotes/layouts to ensure proper machine configuration.
- Provide cost reduction recommendations across the product line.
- Review new product designs and recommend product modifications to the Engineering Team to make sure product concept will meet practical field and manufacturing expectations. Focus on manufacturability of new products.
- Provide vendor improvement input to the Materials Manager as it relates to vendor on-time delivery, quality and customer service
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards including implementation and maintenance of 5S. Address all safety concerns and issues within the area.
- Requires a two-yeardegree in Robotic Automation.
- Five or more years in a production leadership role, preferably in an industrial machine manufacturing plant. Three or more years managing people.
- Project Management experience utilizing Gantt charts.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment manufacturing/standard production processes.
- Lean Manufacturing and Quality Management experience is required.
- Dedication to building and providing high quality products to all customers.