What We're Looking For
Within a given discipline, is fully competent to complete engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery with minimal direction. On tasks basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering efforts that are responsive to project needs. Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Roadway design, drainage design, plan production, quantities, and cost estimates
- Leading engineers and CADD technicians to deliver roadway projects.
- Provide oversight in developing, mentoring, and leading younger staff.
Roadway Project Engineer
- Provide coordination of project execution and control on roadway design projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects
- Coordinate efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort
- Serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts
- Conducts design and constructability reviews of plans
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with preparation of weekly and monthly program updates and reporting
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with management of design review process and permitting through outside agencies
- Conducts reviews and makes recommendations of approval of potential construction change orders, utility agreements, and construction & utility plans.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
What You'll Need
- Proficiency in MicroStation and Open Road Designer (ORD)
- Roadway and Drainage Design
- Ohio PE
- ODOT experience
- Responsible for completion of discipline engineering project elements such as reports, designs, specifications and plans.
- Responsible for coordination and productivity of subordinates. Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Works closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EOE including disability and vet
#HighwaysAbout UsFor more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more by visiting HNTB Total Rewards.HNTB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer .HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.Work AuthorizationIn compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work