Roadway ( Night ) Superintendent
The General Superintendent will provide project management and oversight to assure construction projects are completed to company specifications. Assure that complete records are maintained, accurate and up to date. Oversee the daily field operations of assigned project site.
- Directly supervises employees
- Manage the coordination of all the site equipment, labor and materials as well as program in time deliveries of material with Office Engineer
- Constant contact with the PM to ensure schedule, cost and production is met and to anticipate management required with other third parties
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to constructionschedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations
- Cost control, minimize unexpected costs and non commodities in quality
- Attend coordination and production meetings with the PM to develop activities and amend possible problems related to structures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificate in construction
- Minimum of 10 years experience in heavy roadways of similar or bigger scope of work
- Structures and bridges constructionexperience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office