$80K — $100K *
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you’re looking for a firm that encourages innovative thinking and challenges you every day, with an opportunity to learn and advance, a career at Hanson is right for you. The belief in sustainability within our company’s practices creates a focus on client success and partnerships that are important to our communities and our environment.
At the core of our Transportation practice is the desire to be good stewards of the public’s infrastructure resources while incorporating improvements into the surrounding environment. As engineering professionals, we plan and design roads across the U.S. Your work at Hanson will balance the societal benefits of the built-environment with nature.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a full time Roadway Engineer position in the Springfield, Illinois office.
Hanson is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA.
This person is expected to work as part of multidisciplinary design teams to plan and execute transportation projects for a variety of clients including local governments, state departments of transportation, and private industry throughout Illinois and beyond. Projects are likely to include reconstruction of rural highways and roads, urban highways and streets, major urban thoroughfares, urban and rural bridge replacements, intersections, sidewalks and multiuse paths, rail grade crossings, signing, pavement marking, and traffic control plans for construction. Position requires the ability to serve as a key member of the project design team providing direction and supervision to junior level staff in the areas of roadway design. Position requires the ability to work on a variety of road related projects, take direction from multiple project managers, and coordinate with other staff.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Preparation and review of complex design calculations. Preparation of construction documents for urban and rural roadway projects. Managing and developing local roadway staff. Working with project managers to develop project scope and hours for related tasks. Working with local governments and DOTs to deliver projects. Delivering roadway design tasks on time and within budget. As a member of the Roadway Discipline provide technical support to all markets. Interact with clients to discuss existing and future projects. Contribute to project pursuits. Coordinate with Project Managers and Roadway Discipline Manager to help track local backlog and staffing utilization. Other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor's degree in civil engineering is required.
• 5 or more years of progressive roadway engineering experience is desired.
• Professional Engineer license (IL) or be able to reciprocate a license from another state within 6 months.
• CAD experience and/or willingness to learn MicroStation/OpenRoads software.
• Working knowledge of AASHTO “Green Book” and state specific roadway design manuals is desirable.
• Familiarity with 3D modeling or willingness to learn 3D modeling for roadway projects.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to develop and present concepts.
• Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases.
• Strong oral communication and technical writing skills.
• Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Working at Hanson:
• Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices.
• Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments and to work overtime to meet project demands.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
Valid through: 11/1/2021