Fishbeck is actively seeking a talented Roadway Engineer for employment in our Grand Rapids, MI office. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills and the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment. This position will provide the ideal candidate an opportunity to lead and mentor Fishbeck staff, work on exciting projects and grow with Fishbeck.
- Lead plan production efforts for transportation projects using MicroStation/Geopak and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Interact with our clients; MDOT, local agencies, other consulting companies and contractors.
- Assist in developing project budgets/schedules.
- Assist in developing technical proposals.
- Demonstrate theoretical/practical civil engineering and specialized software knowledge.
- Work closely with other technical staff internally with Fishbeck and with peers in the industry to provide transportation design and consulting engineering services, primarily for MDOT and local municipalities.
- Prepare quantities and construction cost estimates for bidding.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will perform duties in the field and will be required to access and maneuver around project sites and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and from projects is required. Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- PE license required.
- 5-10 + plus years of experience in related roadway engineering position working on MDOT or Local Agency projects.
- Knowledge of MicroStation/Geopak software is required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/ Civil 3D software and other design modeling software is a plus.
- Knowledge of HEC-RAS, HY8, StormCAD is a plus.
- Experience with storm sewer drainage design, pavement markings, signing plans, and maintenance of traffic plans is a plus.
- Excellent computer and communication skills is a must.