$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Our new Roadway Design Manager will perform work involving the application of all conventional aspects of civil engineering to the functional area of the assignment. Exercise judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. As an engineering department manager, you will have the opportunity to; design and provide staffing plans, coordinate staff with both domestic and international offices, attend weekly department and project management meeting, conduct quarterly employee performance reviews to train and mentor staff within your department, participate in recruiting by reviewing resumes and conducting interviews, develop scope of work summaries and estimate effort for project proposals, and coordinate quality assurance reviews and randomly audit work of department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to projects.
• Be responsible for the quality of engineering work performed, utilization of staff, marketing, client service, and reputation of the office for highway/roadway projects.
• Be assigned Roadway Task Leader/Project Manager duties for highway/roadway schematic, planning, and PS&E projects with state, county, and city clients.
• Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large transportation (highway/roadway) related projects, experience in schematics and final design (PS&E).
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering, transportation planning, and environmental work.
• Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, determining and meeting design criteria, difficult coordination requirements,).
• Reviews plans, specifications, contract documents, contract schedules, CPM schedules, technical reports, and estimates.
• Participates in project pursuits. Maintains client relationships. Identifies teaming partners.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Directly responsible for developing strong client relationships.
• Performs other duties assigned by a Manager of Projects, Program/Project Manager, or Group Lead.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Work in a collaborative manner. Serves on a project team.
• Willingness to cross train and learn other disciplines.
• Exercises quality control procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• Registration as a Professional Engineer is required, Texas PE registration required within six months of hire date.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive highway design experience is required.
• Experience in roadway is preferred. Experience in multiple disciplines a plus.
• Experience with MicroStation and GEOPAK is required. OpenRoads is preferred.
• Experience with project collaboration software is preferred (e.g. ProjectWise)
• Technical ability to prepare PS&E is required.
• Technical ability to prepare feasibility studies, schematics, proposals (Project Approach) and reports is preferred.
• Ability to coordinate all phases of a project is preferred.
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skill.
• TxDOT project experience preferred (other DOT is acceptable).
• TxDOT pre-certification is preferred.
Valid Through: 2019-10-29