Roadway Design Engineer
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, 3D models, construction documents, design and installation packages, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Perform 3D design and modeling using InRoads.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- Provides input and technical guidance to lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.Proficiency with Microstation and InRoads is required. OpenRoads preferred. 5 total years of engineering experience.
Must have 2-3 years of 3D roadway modeling experience. (PE) registration is highly desirable Solid roadway geometric design background. Experience in drainage layouts preferred. Intermediate skills with Excel (macros, equations) Experience with Georgia DOT policies and procedures is preferred, but not required. Experience with any state DOT procedures is considered. Experience on design-build projects is preferred. Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Additional Tasks/Responsibilities: Plan production Coordination with other disciplines (drainage, traffic, structures)