AECOM is actively seeking for Roadway Design/Discipline Lead to be based out of our Seattle, Washington office.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient and cost-effective transportation. AECOM's Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation projects that carry all of our communities into the future - safely and reliably.
- We use our extensive knowledge in planning, designing and managing transportation systems - as well as restoring and replacing aging infrastructure - to help our public and private clients find smarter, more advanced ways to move people across cities, countries and continents.
- Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- BA/BS+ 6 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in roadway geometric design
- Proficient MicroStation InRoads/OpenRoads User
- Washington State Professional Engineer
- WSDOT Design Build Project Experience
- Civil3D Experience