For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
We are currently seeking a Hampton Roads Transportation Group Director to expand and develop our transportation practice in the Hampton Roads market place. This position will be based in our Virginia Beach, VA office and will be responsible for securing and managing the profitable operation of major transportation projects and programs. This individual will be an integral part of the Mid-Atlantic District leadership team. This exciting opportunity offers the chance to join the premiere provider of transportation infrastructure. The time is right to join HNTB Corporation!
Responsible for direction and supervision of a multiple professional or technical groups. Directs project priorities, staffing schedules, and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided the best design capabilities to meet their needs. Responsible for efficient, productive utilization of staff in providing high-quality service.
- The Hampton Roads Transportation Group Director is responsible for business development, technical quality oversight and project delivery.
- Lead and support client service teams to develop and ensure execution of sales strategies.
- Individual must have a strong reputation with key clients and knowledge of market opportunities in Hampton Roads. The individual will develop and sustain customer relationships to build alliances and acquire or expand our business footprint.
- As a leader in business development, the successful candidate will also serve as a contact internally and externally for foundation clients in the region, participate in strategic business planning efforts, and support regional transportation consulting. A high level of client interaction is expected.
- As a technical leader, the successful candidate will coordinate with clients to define work programs and budgets, provide leadership in project planning and strategy including general oversight and planning, project management, project implementation, and ensuring quality of work products.
- The successful candidate will also support staff development through delegation, mentoring, recruitment, and evaluation.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
16 years relevant experience
4 years supervisory experience
- Strong industry relationships and contacts with local Hampton Roads clients
- MEGA ($5M-$24.9M) Project / Program Management Experience
- Consultant engineering experience
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.