Parsons Corporation might have what you are looking for ! Ready to put your Civil Engineering skills to work on marquee road and highway design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Do you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of civil engineering tasks on large scale, transportation projects? Parsons is now hiring Civil Engineer for exciting road , highway, and transportation projects throughout several locations in our North America offices and operations for our rapidly expanding transportation projects. If you are seeking an opportunity to work with a large international firm on large scale State DOT projects in various locations in North America, we just might have what you are looking for ! Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this position you will perform road and highway design tasks and civil engineering calculations and analysis. You will be tasked with geometric layout, construction specification development and material quantity calculations. You will utilize Microstation and/or Autocad Civil 3D and interface with CAD designers, as well as other engineers and subcontractors. In addition, you may assist in field inspections and the preparation of inspection reports. Keys to your success will be your civil engineering acumen and road and highway background. Responsibilities:
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements for various DOT road and highway projects. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Depending on the level of your experience, basic geometrics design and engineering as well as supervision of lower level engineering staff.
- Drainage design and hydrology work experience is a plus !
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) is required.
- Entry level Degreed Engineer up to 15 or more years of experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate or PE Registration , depending on level of experience.
- Requires basic process engineering knowledge, as well as a working knowledge of Microstation or Autocad Civil 3D and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering.