Job Summary: The Austen-Dooley RN/ Direct Support Staff is expected to function as a paraprofessional employee trained in providing basic medical and personal care service to residents. RN/ Direct Support Staff functions under the direction and supervision of the resident’s doctor, company nurse, company administrative personnel & family directions, and in accord with all company, federal, state and local policies regulating health & personal care standards and practices.
- Must hold current Missouri State Board of Nursing RN License
- Must be at least 18 or older, a high school graduate or GED / Or be in the process of obtaining GED within 12months from date of hire, and be able to read and write in English, (consistent with job requirements)
- Must be at least 21years of age if position includes driving personal vehicle or Austen-Dooley vehicle. 25 for driving Austen-Dooley Company provided vans.
- Must present documentation of current CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens, Abuse and Neglect, Positive Behavior Supports for company files or be willing and able to obtain required training within 90 days of hire date
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Valid Missouri/Kansas/Illinois driver’s license with clean driving record for all driving positions. Any excessive or avoidable traffic or parking violations can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Must meet Austen-Dooley requirements to be eligible to drive agency vehicles. Austen-Dooley may decide at any time to move you to a non-driving position.
- Must maintain updated telephone & address records/changes
- Must complete on-the-job training/orientation with assigned mentor
- Must be able to safely lift at minimum of 25 lbs and perform a 2 person transfer.
- Read all Person Centered Plans on all consumers and sign signature page send to HR for file.
- Provide care to each individual according to their person centered plan.
- Provide input for annual individual planning sessions.
- Be prepared to work at any company group home or supported living home when needed.
- Provide at least 4 hours notice of absence, whenever possible. Recorded and/or text messages not acceptable.
- All shifts are awake shifts, unless specifically designated as an overnight sleeping shift.
- Assist with transportation of residents in company vehicles as required.
- Be willing to transport residents in personal vehicle, if approved as a driver and position requires it.
- On daily basis, assist with providing residents with meaningful individual and group activities.
- Notify management of needs for household food, supplies or repairs
- Follow physician orders.
- Assist with meal preparation, following menus where established, serving and cleanup.
- Notify management of upcoming outings.
- Update Austen-Dooley management on changes of phone number or address
- Assist with housekeeping duties, I.E., laundry, dishes, cleaning.
- Maintain current certification in CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens, MANDT, Abuse/Neglect.
- Attend mandatory company meetings and training sessions.
- Assist residents with personal care, hygiene and other activities of daily living.
- Practice honesty, dependability & confidentiality in all resident matters.
- Respect cultural & religious practices of each client and family.
- Promptly report changes in condition of any resident to doctor, company nurse & supervisor.
- Carry out assignments as instructed by the individual care plan established by annual meeting and found in each resident chart.
- Adhere to and follow all company policy and procedures.
- The RN position includes all of the duties of a DSS in addition to specific nursing duties as assigned which may include: nursing notes, monitoring of consumer health, injections, catheters, and other nursing duties.
- Provide input for annual individual habilitation planning sessions
- Be prepared to work at any company group home when needed
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
* Austen-Dooley retains the right to move employees to alternate work sites and work shifts, as necessary for standard business operations.