RN, RPN - Director of Care - Long Term Care Home / Residential Care
Less than 5 years experience •
Director of Care, LTC Home, Greater Vancouver, BC
Registered Nurse (RN) * Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN)
We are searching for an awesome Director of Care for a great LTC Home!
Director of Care, RN or RPN
- Supportive and Collaborative Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent Salary, Top-tier Benefits Plan including Pension Plan
- Centrally Located Greater Vancouver Region, BC
- Large (+200 Beds) Fully Accredited Long Term Care Home
We are searching for a Director of Care with a strong passion for seniors care.
A Director of Care that knows how to articulate the vision of the organization and engage the care team of HCAs, LPNs and RNs in achieving this vision by aligning their strengths with opportunities, giving them ownership of their work, and role modeling exemplary behaviours.
A Director of Care that values their skills and abilities in being able to empower and enrich the work environment of the care team and most importantly for the residents that call this amazing place home.
Your STAR Powers as a Director of Care include being able to engage their clinical care team as decision-making partners, coach and support them to grow professionally and provide them with the resources and information they need to provide high-quality care.
The Director of Care must be able to apply geriatric and nursing knowledge to drive quality improvement initiatives and ensure that nursing practice in the care home is caring, compassionate and evidence based.
Director of Care must be a skilled critical thinker, problem solver, and leader able to implement quality assurance and improvement programs and be able to coordinate efforts withother disciplines.
Director of Care must establish standards of conduct and hold their staff accountable to these standards, ensure their staff?s competency through oversight of professional development and education programs, provide support, manage conflict and act as a role model.
Lastly, the Director of Care must be adept dealing with regulatory issues, staffing and scheduling, addressing resident and family concerns, attending to conflicts, overseeing nursing care and managing costs.
- 3 to 5years Director of Care / Nursing Leadership experiencewithin Long-term Residential Care
- Bachelor?s Degree in Nursing; Master?s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Must be eligible for registration with College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC) or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC (CRPNBC)