$80K — $150K *
Texas Health Southwest, a MAGNET designated hospital, is a leading provider in quality patient care in the Ft. Worth community.
Our ICU Department (18 bed) provides high acuity level of care to a wide variety of patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio for patients with diagnosis such as respiratory failure, multisystem organ failure, renal failure, cardiovascular issues, isolation patients, etc.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• ACLS (AHA) within 6 month of hire
• CPI training within 60 days of hire and NIHSS within 6 month of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• ICU/PCU and /ED experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Valid through: 10/6/2020