The General Pediatric Clinic at the NC Children’s Hospital provides primary and sick child care for the pediatric patient, newborn to adolescence.
This nursing management position is a 40 hrs/week position. The primary purpose of this position is to provide dynamic and visionary leadership and management to large clinical units. This position is the senior on-site leader for the clinic and the key liaison between staff and faculty, as well as between clinic operations and Children’s Hospital leadership.
• Ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families,
• Ensuring adequate and appropriate clinic staffing on each shift;
• Supervision of nursing, medical support staff, utility aide staff and administrative staff;
• Assistance with annual performance reviews of staff;
• Participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safetyor quality of care issues and;
Provides and facilitates an environment conducive to staff continuing education’s needs, ongoing unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
• Assisting with budget creation, implementation and accountability.
This individual creates a collaborative working relationship with physician staff, advanced practice providers, and faculty and hospital leadership.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing. Three (3) years of professional nursing in tertiary care and one (1) year of management experience in specialty area. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional certification (ANCC Magnet approved) relevant to Management, Leadership or Clinical Area is preferred at the time of application or required within the probationary period of employment.
Job ID: OTH01L82