Nurse Researcher for Nursing Quality and Research Department
Plans, implements and evaluates nursing research and evidence-based practice activities to promote the delivery of quality patient care and improved patient outcomes. Mentors nurses in the research process from inception to dissemination. Evaluates impact of research activities upon systems and programs and provide recommendations.
Duties to include:
• Conducts an annual clinical research needs assessment and uses results to construct a strategic plan to develop clinical research for nursing. Conducts independent research in areas of interest.
• Facilitates and directs the development of interdepartmental and interdisciplinary research activities, including generating research interest groups.
• Fosters the development of an environment conducive to the conduct of inquiry, research and practice. Promotes collaborative multidisciplinary research.
• Promotes supports and facilitates individuals engaging in research activities to advance research in practice evidence-based practice, the conduct of research, research utilization, and dissemination of research results. Collaborates and develops innovative programs to educate, mentor, and enhance the knowledge of nursing staff.
• Seeks research funding through grant applications, assists departments and individual health care professionals to apply and obtain such funding for research projects and activities.
Doctorate degree in Nursing with a strong emphasis in research. Five (5) years of experience as a clinical nurse in a leadership role. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Strong statistical background and data management and analysis methods skills as well as quantitative and qualitative research skills, including strong computer skills and database management. Ability to write and publish in professional journals and texts.
Job ID: NUR00NU6