The Nurse Manager will be fully engaged in providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by demonstrating leadership as a member of the Nursing Management Staff. The nurse manager is delegated the authority and autonomy for assessing all planning and directing of unit functions to include evaluating patient care on a 24-hour basis on a specific unit.
- Maintains current knowledge and skill in clinical practice and management.
- Assumes 24-hour accountability for unit activities, including responsibility for 24-hour staffing plan.
- Serves as role model for all unit staff by setting an example of high standards in conduct, attitude, performance and patient/family relations.
- Responsible for compliance with unit quality assurance and patient safety goals, guidelines of accrediting and regulatory agencies, unit standards of care and practice, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains an environment conducive to optimum safety for patients, visitors and staff.
- Conducts and documents associateeducation, performance appraisals, and disciplinary action for individuals as indicated.
- Responsible for positive patient satisfaction scores for the unit.
- Ensures compliance with budget expectations and corporate financial goals.
- Current Florida RN license.
- Current AHA BLS.
- Previous nursing management experiencepreferred.
- Minimum of 2 years acute care clinical experiencepreferred.
- Specialty certification in area of expertise or in Nurse Administration preferred.
- BSN and/or related management degree highly recommended.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, Florida Nurse Practice Act, and applicable regulatory agencies.