- Description: Serves as a single point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services offered within Kaiser Permanente, Northwest.
- Assists patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and the resources available, including educating eligible patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies. Responsibilities include assessment, analysis, planning and implementation of interventions.
- Serves as an essential link between patients and all other care providers in coordination of care. The navigator facilitates changes in the plan of care and brokering necessary services. Service settings may include the hospital, outpatient, or home. The care is assessed and conducted by phone and in clinic.
- Facilitate appointments for consultation, procedures and support services within established services
- Coordinate and standardize patient education tools
- Follow the patient throughout the continuum of care and collaboration with inpatient.
- Work with quality staff and others to collect data, track outcomes, and support strategic planning processes.
- Adhere to established productivity standards.
- Responsible for networking to maintain positive working relationships as appropriate with key customers (physicians, office staff, diagnostic staff, inpatient nurses, radiology staff, counseling staff, primary care, quality staff, other specialty care staff.)
- Minimum two (2) years of directly related experience in an ambulatory care/clinic setting within the last five (5) years.
- Minimum one (1) year of ambulatory care coordination/population care experience. Education
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
- Able to type 20 words per minute.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment.
- Customer focused.
- Previous nurse navigation experience
- Healthcare related project coordination and/or program development.
- Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Proficiency with KPHC and reporting tools
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Compassion, high emotional intelligence and a passion to be a patient advocate
- Demonstrated ability to utilize motivational coaching and problem solving with patients to remove barriers to care
- 1 year experience in an endoscopy procedure area
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in health care related field.