PeaceHealth is seeking experienced Registered Nurses for the Medical-Telemetry unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this .9 FTE role you will work three 12-hour Night shifts each week. Hourly compensation starts at $38.85, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year of Registered Nurse experience or New Grad RN hired through Nurse Residency program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current WA State Registered Nurse licensure
- Current AHA Provider BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification specific to clinical area preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).