Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
RN Medical-Surgical Instructor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct students and develop coursework for the assigned classes.
- Make continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing different and innovative methodologies / techniques in teaching.
- Assist with reviewing and revising syllabi and instructional guidelines.
- Regularly evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving curriculum and course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Assist with strategic planning and assessment of instructional initiatives to ensure quality of program.
- Maintain student records of attendance, grades, and skills check-off forms and assist with program data collection.
- Teach lectures and clinical rotations (clinical rotations can be days, and/or evenings, on week days and/or weekends).
- Provide access to students for ongoing communication through scheduling of office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Participate in professional development; maintain CE hours to ensure renewed licensure, and stay current with college updates.
- Commitment to teaching and working with a multicultural and multigenerational student body.
- Act as liaison between clinical facilities, community partners and the college
- Registered Nurse with current licensure in California (or ability to get a California license)
- MSN Degree with at least 4 years of direct patient care experience, one of which is within the last five years
- Able to meet the faculty requirements set by California's Board of Registered Nursing
- Current immunizations and Basic Life Support Certification
- Experience which demonstrates: Current knowledge of nursing practice; ability to mentor students in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.