RN, Manager - Perioperative Services
Bring your nursing and managerial experience to our newest hospital UW Health at The American Center.
We are seeking a RN Manager of Perioperative Services to:
- Assure that patient/family care is provided within established standards at UW Health at The American Center.
- Lead the clinic to improve patient, provider and staff satisfaction.
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge by providing patient care, acting as a clinical resource to associates and consultant to other departments in the areas of critical medical-surgical nursing.
Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Preferred – Master’s degree in relevant area or willingness to obtain one within five years of hire.
Minimum – Five (5) years relevant operating room clinical experience. Progressive nursing management experience with demonstrated success.
Preferred – Previous management experience in community based, specialty hospital.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin. CPR certification. ACLS certification within six months of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Managerial skills necessary to plan, organize, and direct operational activities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels.
- Must be comfortable with an interdisciplinary culture of collaboration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Light: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with rotating weekend manager on-call. Addit