- The Manager of Personal Assistance is responsible for the overall management of the Personal Assistance department and is also responsible for all stakeholder relationships, including employees, clients, and contractrelations. The Manager is also responsible for the operational and financial performance of the Personal Assistance Program. The Manager supervises the area coordinators, Compliance Clerk/Administrative Assistant, any field RNs, and works closely with the VNA and hospice program managers to ensure that quality Personal Assistance are delivered across all the Home and Community Based Programs.
Personal Assistance Oversight
- Assist PA Director with creating, monitoring, and managing maximal operational efficiency of scheduling process, data entry and data integrity, payroll, billing, statistics, reporting; responsible for implementation and ongoing management of telephony solution.
- Assist PA Director and Finance Director with planning and development of operating budget, operate program according to budgetary guidelines.
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes, systems, and work flows; oversee Personal Assistance participation in agency wide quality improvement efforts.
- Supervise area coordinators, Compliance Clerk/ Administrative Assistant, and field supervisors RN's.
- Assist PA Director/Finance Director analyze overtime and travel time on an ongoing basis and monitor rates of pay, rates of reimbursement, visit cost.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate with other home based, community programs, and other programs throughout the Hebrew SeniorLife network
- Establish and maintain relationships with ASAP's; keep updated on latest state/EOEA regulations; maintain membership and involvement with Home Care Aide Council.
- Ensure compliance with external regulations, contracts, agency policies, and procedures.
- Perform field visits to ensure that clients are receiving the appropriate level of care; make field visits to promote customer service and maintain a presence in service delivery sites. Identify opportunities and participate in program development with service sites and ASAP's
- Responds to all client complaints/concerns; reports client changes/Issues to ASAP case manager.
- Performs individual client visits as necessary to investigate complaints.
- Liaison to DPH for reportable cases
- Ensure that trainings, orientations, in-services, are relevant to the work and congruent with latestagency policies.
- Ensures that accurate employee records are maintained and audit-ready.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is maintained to defend unemployment claims.
- Provide quarterly worker field supervision and more as determined necessary
- Develop and present educational units to meet regulatory expectations
- Partner with ASAP Case Managers to understand expectations and evolving needs and respond withprogram development
- Promote safe, high quality care through partnership with the HSL Continuum of Services
- Foster collaborative relationships with community based providers and agencies to facilitate care toelders.
- Serve as a role model and mentor.
- Provide formal and informal educational opportunities for the workers on current aspects of care toelders.
- Offer patient and family/caregiver resource education as requested
- Acts as resource on questions related to ASAP relationships and access to services
- Document patient visits according to policy (typically within the same day) using the appropriate medical record system.
- Participate in quality assessment activities, including but not limited to: record review, and revision of policies and procedures.
- Serves on appropriate committees; participates in staff meetings.
- Enhances professional growth and self-development through participation in professional activities, in-service programs, and workshops.
- 5+years management /supervisory experience in health care setting; home health care/human servicepreferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations and personnel; proven team building, communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills including MS office suite and database management
- Undergraduate degree RN BSN preferred or equivalent experience.
- Active Massachusetts RN license