- Responsible and accountable for patient care rendered house-wide.
- Assures Standards of Practice are met in each department by making rounds every shift.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the hospital.
- Ensures that patient care assignments are appropriate for current clinical competence.
- Responds to issues as they arise and follows through with investigation and conclusions.
- Reports and initiates resolution of significant issues and patient complaints.
- Facilitates appropriate patient bed assignments.
- Facilitates incoming, outgoing and intra-hospital patient transfers.
- Assists in ensuring supplies and equipment are available for use.
- Serves as a resource person for Staffing Coordinators and Assistants in staffing decisions.
- Displays positive customer service behaviors.
- Responsible for maintaining a customer-friendly atmosphere.
- Oversees patient throughput and initiatives
- Works closely with administration on reporting metrics
- Managing AOS's, Virtual Patient Sitters and Bed Board
Associates Degree in Nursing required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
At least 5 years' experience as an R.N. Previous management experience required.
Licensure and certification:
• Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
• Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
• Current ACLS Certification from the American Heart Association required
• Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention