Position Summary: Under the guidance of the Department Director, is responsible for oversight of daily operations to ensure the efficient and compliant departmental execution of the companies case management functions. These duties include, but are not limited to: staff performance management, reviewing or gathering of data to promote performance improvement, participation in or facilitation of meetings or projects related to departmental functions.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Manages areas including organizing and executing all activities, staffing, performance improvement in the delivery of clinical services (such as LOS reduction), and reports needs within the Medical Center and Dignity Health, as well as government and regulatory reporting.
- Implements Care Coordination activities according to the needs, requirements, and policies of the Medical Center, the affiliated medical groups and health plans, Dignity Health, any Federal and State agencies, and according to standard practices of the professions under the manager’s accountability
- Consults and collaborates with other managers, physicians, administration, and community based healthcareworkers regarding care management issues identified through corporate or facility initiatives and current literature.
- Oversees the department in an efficient manner to ensure timely and compliant care coordination, discharge planning, utilization review and social work interventions resulting in quality patient care.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or experience equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Care Coordination or Case Management.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license. CM certification preferred.