PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Home Health for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.61, more depending on experience.
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to newly hired caregivers to PeaceHealth.
Responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to home care/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies, and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient’s long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.
- Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide’s care plan according to the patient’s evolving personal are needs.
- Coordinates care, collaborates, and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
- Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement services for the following patient death.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Two years acute clinical or home health/hospice nursing experience required.
- One year home health experience preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families, and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHOR and SIUSLAW:
- RN Home Health job classification in ONA bargaining unit.
FLORENCE PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day