We are looking for RN Emergency Room Travel (ER)? for our client in ?San Diego, CA
Job Title: RN Emergency Room Travel (ER)?
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Start Available - Nov, Dec and Jan
- Current CA RN license/BLS/ PALS.
- 1year in a pediatric ED or 2years in adult/pediatric ED
- Experience with computerized charting.
- Specialty certification: TNCC/ ACLS / CPEN, TCRN or CEN
- Triage experience.
- 12 D/N rotation/weekends/holidays must be willing to work 7 shifts in a bi-weekly pay period and flexible with 12 hour variable shifts - days/nights are required. Must work 2 out of the 3 holidays.
- Identifies variances in patient condition and respond appropriately.
- Utilizes nurse driven protocols appropriately.
- Ability to perform and monitor sedations.
- Proactively performs in a dynamic, fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaboratively in high stress situations and environment.
- Effective problem solving abilities.
- Identifies own limitations and seek resources as needed.
- Administers care in alignment with Rady policies and guidelines.
- Administers care with consideration for age, developmental level, and size of patient.
- Independently applies nursing process through assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of pediatric patient care.
- Complies with professional standards of Rady including “bare below the elbows” (only simple bands with no stones allowed, no wristwatches, etc).
- Demonstrates positive attitude that compliments a healthy work environment
- Fast paced, high volume pediatric Emergency Department in a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center within a Magnet designated facility. Capacity is a total of 62 beds (45 in main ED, 17 in fast track area) that are staffed to match typical patient arrival patterns. Treats approximately 97,000 patients a year. 265 pts per day average with significant seasonal fluctuations related to volume and specific diagnoses such as behavioral health, respiratory, and trauma related illnesses.
- Electronic medical record is EPIC. Primarily all RN, team based staffing. Scrub color is black. If daily volume permits, may possibly float to Urgent Care centers.
- This is rare but possible.