- Coordinates ongoing performance improvement processes and develops and coordinates education to meet requirements for the Joint Commission Geriatric Delirium Certification.
- Educates and works with nursing staff to maintain the standards of a NICHE designated hospital.
- Identifies gaps in education and programming among case management and nursing units; and develops plans to meet documentation standards and goals relative to maintenance of NICHE designation, internal HELP goals, and achievement of Geriatric Delirium Certification.
- Provides the organization with appropriate tactics for a successful certification survey; participates on the Geriatric Delirium, NICHE Committee, HELP Committee, and other committees as assigned.
- Sets the education and operations schedule for Geriatric Resource Nurses (GRN’s).
- Partners with internal JPS stakeholders to manage and coordinate aspects of documentation for the certification process and program requirements as mandated by the certification body.
- Fosters connections with providers of care along the continuum by providing education and support for care transitions programs.
- Serves as Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) liaison to internal JPS stakeholders and volunteers.
- Organizes and submits the NICHE designation documentation and reassessment materials on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with measuring the effectiveness, outcomes, and impact of programs and interventions as it relates to GRN education, NICHE designation, Delirium Certification, and Care Transitions.
- Designs and revises curricula for health education programs and services.
- Participates in chart and application reviews for quality improvement; analyzes and verifies that data collected by staff is complete, accurate, and consistent.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional Nursing.
- 5 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area.
- 2 plus years of experience caring for older adult patients.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Board Certified in Geriatrics.
- Master’s Degree in a healthcare related field from an accredited College or University.
- 2 plus years of demonstrated experience in participation in healthcare quality improvement initiatives or committees.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Completion of job specific orientation program within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- NLN Certification in Nursing Education or other training and development certifications.
Req #: 5946