As a Clinical Operations Direction you will:
- Liaise with Operations departments to observe and assess areas for improvement for regional processes, Human Resources, Business Intelligence, IT, PMO team. Assist with establishing best practices for GM/OPEX, special projects, validate data, identify Subject Matter Experts (SME), and be a resource for operations functions for the PMO team.
- Perform comprehensive assessments and analysis of clinical process in the offices and develop education based on the needs and findings to support the branches on ways to improve the delivery of patient care.
- Guide the development of the organization’s process for eligibility, skilled need, development of care plan and the delivery of care for our home health and hospice operations.
- Create SOPs and document these processes as needed for operational improvements. Support branches with both pre- and post-claim review as needed.
- Serve as expert resource to the branches and regional leadership regarding Medicare COPs, company policy, Medicare episodic management and key indicators.
- Keep branches aware of regulatory changes and guidelines when needed. Support the compliance functions. Provide support during state and accreditation survey.
- Ensure that the branches are performing high quality care that is reflected in the Star ratings. Identify trends in delivery of care or operational deficiencies and provide feedback to correct any matters affecting the delivery of services.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department
- 5 – 10 years of home health experience
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience accepted
- Must have RN license from any state in which AccentCare operates
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 80% of business days, to multiple states
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations
- Ability to apply highly proficient and specialized skills that allow employee to function in situations that are varied, complex, and/or non-routine
- Advanced planning and project management skills, excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Excellent problem solving and task analysis skills
- Advanced ability to interact and create a collaborative working environment amongst and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic