Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
RN CVICU FULL TIME NIGHT 10K SIGN ON - RT
Hialeah, Florida 33013
Has 2+ years of CVICU experience
Description:THIS IS A FULL TIME NIGHTS POSITION.
Delivers Advanced Professional and technical nursing care to adult and geriatric patients with real or potential life threatening illness, in support of and in collaboration with care directed by the medical staff. Nursing care delivered complies with the objectives and policies of the hospital. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age /developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Participates in performance improvement to maintain provision of quality care. Prepares equipment and assists physician during treatments and examinations of patients. Assists in planning, supervising, and instructing secretaries, and Nursing Assistants thereby providing care to a number of patients. Incorporates critical thinking skills into patient care. Makes comprehensive nursing decisions based on the interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcome; modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations. Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude. Provides excellent customer service. This Position requires considerable walking, standing, moderate lifting, exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in anotherpatient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1.Must meet clinical competency standards specific to CVICU
2.Has 2+ years of CVICU experience
3. Excellent physical assessment skills
4. Previous Critical Care experience
5. Good knowledge of EKG interpretation and interventions
6. Previous CVICU experience or Successful completion and certificate of CVICU Course preferred
7. Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/detect changes in human physiological condition
8. Ability to perform effectively in fast paced, stressful environment
9. Ability to respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient condition.
10. Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
11. Basic computer knowledge
12. Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
13. Present Salary?
14. Salary Expectation?
15. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?