Description: The coordinator will utilize a high level of knowledge about urology clinic operations and medical conditions associated with urologic conditions. The coordinator will work directly with the urology clinic physicians, nurse practitioner, and nursing staff. Ability to effectively communicate scheduling and template management with providers and nursing staff. Coordinate care with referring providers inside and outside of Kaiser Permanente including primary care providers, urologists, and other specialties providers. Interprets data received in the referral prior to visits, including information from the referring provider, and utilizes judgment in the appropriate and timely scheduling of appointments that are in line with the treatment. Ability to be self-directed and act independently to manage multiple scheduling tasks at once and intervene as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Assist with the day to day management of new patient referrals from internal providers.
- Triage and facilitate member appointments, specifically all procedural, urgent, emergent, and hospital follow-up appointments.
- Understand and utilize direct template management in the daily coordination of member appointments.
- Provide a direct and immediately available resource for internal providers who have STAT or urgent referrals.
- Answers inquiries from internal providers, patients and family members by telephone relating to the information needed in the referral process.
- Asks pertinent questions to ascertain the type of office visit needed and assist in scheduling appointments based on guidelines established by the Urology department.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate record keeping, referral database and generating reports on referral activity.
- Maintains statistical data as requested by provider or supervisor.
- Manage and de-escalate upset members.
- Assist in the module as necessary (answer the phone, assist members as necessary in the clinic).
- Complete any delegated tasks from the Nurse Manager.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in nursingOR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Current Advanced Cardia Life Support (ACLS) from the American Heart Association must be obtained proir to hire date.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrating through Customer Service Assessment.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
Job Number: 651724