Description St. Peter's Health Partners has an outstanding opportunity for a RN interested in Supply Chain Management for all aspects of supplies and purchase service activities for clinical departments.
The position entails:
- Identification of utilization and standardization opportunities resulting in supply savings and resolution of clinical supply issues.
- Help facilitate contract compliance and optimization activities for clinical departments.
- Identify product waste or misuse in clinical areas and assist in providing solutions.
- Provides resource for maintaining balance between optimal clinical outcomes, promoting excellence in quality of care with appropriate product utilization and supply stewardship. U
- Understand clinical research and standards of practice as it applies to product use.
- Challenge vendors/clinicians when research does not support product use.
- Accountable for communicating upcoming changes, issues and trends related to clinical supplies to Nursing Leadership and Department Directors in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Acts as budgetary consultant for service line leaders, as well as participates and/or represents SPHP in internal and Trinity meetings.
A qualified candidate would have:
- BSN in nursing, current NYS RN License
- 5-7 years direct patient care experience required
- Clinical trial experience preferred
- Understanding of supply costs and effect on budget
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage cross-function teams
- Strong organizational skill, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- High proficiency in MS Office product, written & oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of LEAN methodology high desirable