The Clinical Resource Manager provides management and consultation to all AdventHealth campuses and affiliated facilities in the procurement and use of clinical products and leads multidisciplinary teams to decrease product use variation and costs through the development of consensus supply utilization programs and initiatives. Works with clinical teams representing all AdventHealth system sites to review contracts and assist with value analysis process. Responsible for gathering information from clinicians, communicating and soliciting feedback from hospital clinicians, evaluating the clinical quality of the products in review, and coordinating and assisting in the implementation of clinical products. The Manager is responsible for acting as a clinical resource for FH Materials Management, hospital clinicians, CNOs, Corporate Advisory Committees, and departments that pertain to special projects. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Analytical ability to identify problems, formulate alternative solutions, understand cost models, determine clinical acceptability, and assist with the design and development of systems and processes
- Strong project management skills
- Strong customer orientation, interpersonal, and communication (oral, written, and presentation) skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MM/MA Host system (Preferred)
- QMF data analysis (Preferred)
- Ability to lead through organization and effective delivery of information (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Five to ten years of progressive experience with at least three years of experience in surgery, cardiology, or critical care
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Engages team members in order to build consensus and ensure compliance to decisions. Leads projects and consults with customers while utilizing the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clinicians, managers, customers, and vendors.
- Utilizes expertise in clinical practices and how they impact supply chain decisions while maintaining thorough knowledge of medical products, services, and equipment and the companies that provide them.
- Identifies product standardization ideas, resource consumption reduction, and/or savings ideas and bring them to the appropriate committee for action. Reviews purchase data and coordinates information around assumptions that can be shared and discussed with users to understand variances in practices, consumption, and/or cost.
- Develops effective communication for clinical staff for all conversions and utilization projects and engages clinicians in discussion of practices and products resulting in successful savings opportunities by seeking out colleagues, education sessions, articles, and/or research that results in ideas for improvements in costs, appropriate utilization, or improved safety of staff or patients.
- Manages projects effectively and within established timelines and communicates actions, changes, and progress if team projects effectively. Accurately monitors projects for cost and process improvements; evaluates and reports results.
- Designs a product conversion process from inception through implementation and includes re-evaluation of conversion to determine if initial goals recommended have been achieved. Requires ability to recommend a path or action be taken regarding a product's clinical and financial alignment for FH.
- Chairs and/or co-chairs System value analysis committees regarding products and sharps safety initiatives for FH. Develops agendas and prepares minutes for meetings within established timeframes and supports quality initiatives for customer focus through support services team development programs.
- Successfully develops implementation plans and education requirements with vendors and communicates internally how these activities are to be accomplished at each of our campuses and facility sites. Actively engages vendors to demonstrate the clinical effectiveness of their products.
- Designs and recommends action to take regarding product evaluations due to contract changes or changing care requirements. Prepares, distributes, collects, and tabulates product evaluation forms used to evaluate products.
- Assesses and interprets data relative to supply chain performance measures and recommends actions to be developed and implemented by researching and recommending opportunities for cost management processes, which support best pricing and best-practice outcomes for clinical products.