The RN Clinical Practice Specialist (RN CPS) is:
- an advanced practitioner who functions as an expert clinician in a particular specialty of nursing practice.
- an expert in evidence-based nursing & practice; conscious professionalism and interprofessional collaboration.
- a leader & change agent to achieve quality cost-effective, evidence-based outcomes.
- responsible for designing, implementing & evaluating patient-specific & population-based programs of care.
- responsible for providing consultation to other nursing & health professional staff in an area of specialization.
- responsible for empowerment of the direct care nurse through education.
- serves as expert consultant on complex patients & collaborating with the clincial nurse to develop plans of care as needed.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Master's Degree - Masters in Nursing with clinical focus in advanced practice nursing as CNS.
3 years - In a specialty area
RN - REGISTERED NURSE - NLRN
Specific Acceptable Credentials (if applicable)
In lieu of the Above Minimum Requirements
MSN with experience in staff education/training/development and three (3) years experience in specialty area
Other Required Experience
Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification - Preferred
Certification by specialty board credentialing organization (ANCC) - Preferred
Restraint trainer requirements- minimum of basic life support, working knowledge of all restraint regulation and hospital restraint policy and procedures, and a minimum of three years experience in the clinical environment where restraints may be utilized.- Required
Requisition # 31744