- 1. Instructs clinical staff to perform nursing and patient care relative to the area of clinical specialty.
- Develops, plans, presents and evaluates educational activities that foster the development of competent learners through providing orientation, in-services and continuing education.
- Develops an assessment process to determine learning needs and facilitates adult learning theory to plan learning opportunities.
- Assists in the selection of the most appropriate method to accommodate learning styles, cultural diversity, education level, and the learning environment.
- Identifies and acquires resources required for quality program design and delivery; revises education programs as needed.
- Enlists qualified instructors to plan, develop and present specialized clinical topics.
- Evaluates, documents and reports educational activity outcomes for competency validation and record-keeping.
- Develops and maintains a level of clinical competence appropriate for the practice environment served.
- May serve as subject matter expert or be trained as nurse planner for Texas Nurses Association (TNA) Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) activities.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
- 5 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area to include at least 3 plus years of clinical preceptoring, teaching, healthcare education or staff development experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- ANCC Certification in Nursing Professional Development or within 3 years of hire.
- Completion of job specific orientation program within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- NLN Certification in Nursing Education or other training and development certifications.
- ANCC Nursing Certification in area of Specialty (ex. CCRN, RN-BC, CNOR).
- Advanced life support training in areas of responsibility (ACLS, PALS, NRP, STABLE, TNCC / ENPC, etc.).
Req #: 6031